Frequently Asked Questions
Large Flame Starter Packs
Torches & Tabletop
1. Carefully remove the wick from the wick holder. Properly dispose of the wick in accordance with local laws and regulations.
2. Replace the wick with a new TIKI® Torch wick and position the wick with 3/4 inch exposed. As a tabletop, the wick needs to be trimmed to 1/2 inch exposed wick. If you have an adjustable flame torch, the knob should be adjusted all the way down.
3. Trim as required.
4. For more information, review the Warnings & Instruction sheet.
The reusable RoundWick™ is part of the burner system assembly, which is included in each Clean Burn™ tabletop firepiece.
The reusable Roundwick™ burner system will last approximately 1,000 hours. To purchase replacement burner systems, visit our accessories section.
Clean Burn™ tabletop firepiece products are for outdoor use only.
Light the top of the reusable Roundwick™ burner system after filling with TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ BiteFighter® or TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ Torch Fuel.
If you wish to clean your torch, we suggest you use mild soap and water and rub with a gentle brush.
1. Each torch comes with a snuffer cap to extinguish your TIKI® Brand torch.
2. Carefully place the snuffer cap completely over the wick and leave in place until the flame has been completely suffocated. For Adjustable Flame torches, align the notch in the snuffer with the shaft of the adjustment mechanism.
3. When the flame has been extinguished, remove the snuffer cap until the wick has cooled completely.
4. When the wick has cooled, replace the snuffer cap to protect the wick from the elements.
1. Remove wickholder assembly from fuel reservoir.
2. Fill reservoir to fill line with TIKI® Brand torch fuel. If no fill line is present, fill reservoir 2/3 full.
3. Attach wickholder assembly to fuel reservoir. Do not overtighten.
4. Allow wick to become completely saturated with torch fuel before lighting, which takes approximately 5 minutes. Do not set wick height higher than ¾” above the top of the flame guard. Keep clothing, hair and face away from flames when lighting.
Placement for maximum performance will depend on your environment. In most situations, place torches 4’–6’ apart. Do not place torches under covered shelter or umbrellas or near pedestrian traffic or combustibles such as wood, structures, fuel, clothing or dry vegetation.
Burn times vary by torch. All TIKI® Brand torches are designed to deliver 3+ hours of burn time when used with TIKI® Brand torch fuels.
If your torch won’t light, there may be water in the torch fuel or on the wick. Properly dispose of the torch fuel and replace torch fuel and wick. Make sure the torch fuel is filled to proper level and allow the wick to soak before attempting to light torch.
It is safe to leave TIKI® Brand torch fuel in the torches. Store torches in a secure space so they do not tip. Store fuel out of reach of children. It is safe to store torch fuel outside.
Fire Pits & Wood Packs
The center cone is designed to create optimal burning conditions and airflow. The cone is what helps the Wood Pack ignite quickly, burn evenly and deliver the predictable approximately 30 minute burn duration. You can place traditional firewood over the cone as well, up to 16 inches long so it fits within the fire pit bowl. If you will not be using a Wood Pack and want more room for firewood, you can start the fire without the cone (remove it before any burning begins). It can also be removed for cleaning.
Yes. For best results, use dry seasoned wood that has been split and cut to a length of 16 in. or less so it fits within the fire pit bowl.
Sort of. The Wood Pack is designed to maintain a full and consistent flame for approximately 30 minutes. If you desire more control over the flame size, you can use wood logs and add more or less based on preference.
Yes , if you follow all instructions, warnings, and good fire safety practices. If cooking over the Fire Pit and Wood Pack, wait until flames die down and the wood pellets begin to form glowing coals.
No, cooling time may vary depending on use. But in case of emergency, stand back at least 5 feet and spray with a garden hose to avoid hot steam and debris. Spray coals continuously for five minutes or until coals have cooled. Empty ash pan and dry the pit to ensure rust doesn’t form.
We hope your fire experience is less complicated with the TIKI® Fire Pit & Wood Pack, but if you are not completely satisfied, we have a 30-day money back guarantee. Call 1-888-473-1088 to return or exchange your item within 30 days of purchase (proof of purchase is required).
The Fire Pit is constructed of powder-coated stainless steel and engineered to be durable under normal circumstances.
TIKI® Brand Fire Pits are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for up to 2 years from the date of purchase. You have to show that you have used the product under normal conditions and for its intended purpose in a residential backyard setting. Call 1-888-473-1088, and we will provide either a replacement Fire Pit or replacement of the broken/damaged parts (proof of purchase is required).
Once the Fire Pit has completely cooled, remove the center cone and carefully sweep ash inside the Fire Pit through the bottom holes. Then, pull out the ash pan by its handle and dispose of the ash properly.
The pan should be emptied after every use.
If you used only TIKI® Brand Wood Packs, this should take approximately 6-8 hours and is designed to completely consume leaving minimal ash. If you used traditional firewood logs, times will vary depending on the amount of wood used and consumed. Be sure to clean out all ash to ensure there are no embers left before putting the cover on.
First, let it cool down completely. Empty the ash pan by pulling it out and safely disposing of ashes. Clean with dish soap or baking soda and rinse clean with water. Do not use oven cleaner or abrasive cleaners as they will damage the finish. Use the provided cover to protect the fire pit from the elements and store it for future use.
No, the Fire Pit should not be used closer than 15 feet to any walls, structures or buildings, and should not be placed on any combustible surface such as wood, dry grass, leaves or mulch. Flames may reach a height of 3 feet above the top of the Fire Pit. Further, the Fire Pit should not be used under a patio roof, any low hanging branches, trellises or overhangs of any kind, including covered porches.
The patent-pending TIKI® Wood Pack is made from wood pellets mixed with a starter fluid and sealed in the easy light bag. The pellets are made from sawdust that is sourced as a by-product from a number of manufacturing processes (lumber, window frames, hardwood flooring, etc.). The result is an energy-dense and sustainable way to light your fire.
Place the Wood Pack flat on the cone inside the Fire Pit and light each corner. The bag will burn quickly, spilling the wood pellets into the bottom of the Fire Pit. No need to stir; the fire will fill the Fire Pit within 5 minutes and remain for approximately 30 minutes. As the flames die down, add another Wood Pack for another 30 minutes of burn time, or add seasoned cut firewood.
No, simply light the bag in each corner to start the fire.
No, the irregularities in wood logs cause the snapping and crackling. The wood pellets in the Wood Pack don't contain the irregularities that are found in wood logs.
Very little. Just remove the Fire Pit from the box, remove the ash pan, place the foot ring on the ground where you want to place the Fire Pit, and screw the legs into the pre-threaded holes on the Fire Pit. It should take just a few minutes and all tools and hardware are provided. Re-insert the ash pan, make sure it’s in a safe location and fire it up!
The Wood Packs are for Fire Pit use only. They are not intended for grills, smokers, pellet burners, stoves or any other burning system.
The internal airflow system within the Fire Pit creates a low-smoke experience that ultimately is more enjoyable.
TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ firepieces are designed to be used only with TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ BiteFighter® and TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ Torch Fuel. DO NOT use flammable alcohol, gel fuel or petroleum-based fuels; excessive soot and product damage may occur.
Each Clean Burn™ burner system absorbs 4 oz. of torch fuel. TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ firepieces are designed to be used only with TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ BiteFighter® and TIKI® Brand Clean Burn™ Torch Fuel. Any excess torch fuel will pool at the bottom of the reusable Roundwick™ burner system and will absorb as the burner system burns.
Please check with your local municipality to verify.
Fuels do not need to be stored in a temperature-controlled environment; however, we recommend that fuels be stored out of the elements (sun, rain, snow, etc.). Always keep away from children and pets.
No, TIKI® Brand torch fuels are for outdoor use only.
1. First, soak up excess torch fuel with kitty litter.
2. Then, use a commercial concrete cleaner/degreaser to clean the rest of the torch fuel.
3. Apply additional dry kitty litter until all torch fuel has been absorbed.
4. After dealing with a spill, fresh air will help dry out the affected area.
1. First, soak up the excess torch fuel with kitty litter.
2. Then, use a general-purpose cleaner to clean the rest of the torch fuel.
3. Apply additional dry or kitty litter until all torch fuel has been absorbed.
4. After dealing with a spill, fresh air will help dry out the affected area.
1. First, soak up excess torch fuel with a clean, white cloth.
2. Use a citrus-based cleaner or liquid dishwashing detergent, following the directions on the cleaner.
3. After dealing with a spill, fresh air will help dry out the affected area.
4. Please check with your manufacturer for instructions on how to remove torch fuel from affected area.
Contact your local municipality to determine how they require you to dispose of torch fuel.
For accidental ingestion of torch fuel, DO NOT induce vomiting. Please contact Poison Control, a physician or local emergency services. For immediate safety and medical advice 24 hours a day and seven days a week, please contact ProPharma at 1-800-308-7141.
If your torch fuel freezes, place fuel container in a warm room until the torch fuel thaws/liquefies. The torch fuel will return to its original state and be usable.
Try and avoid prolonged contact with skin. Wash the affected area with soap and water. If rash or irritation occurs, consult your physician. For additional information, please call ProPharma at 1-800-308-7141.
No. Ready 2 Light® Canisters are for one-time use and are disposable when empty.
No. To ensure safety, it is recommended that Ready 2 Light® Canisters be used in TIKI® Brand torches.
We have relationships with many of the best wholesalers and retailers, which distribute our products. The full list can be found by visiting “Where to Buy”. If you would like to become a wholesale customer of ours, you may contact us at 1-888-473-1088 or initiate a ticket here. Generally, we require a minimum purchase amount of $50,000 per year to become a wholesale customer. If you cannot meet this requirement, please work directly with one of our wonderful sellers!