CUSTOMER SERVICE

Skip Navigation LinksCustomer Service > Information > Product Information/FAQs

Skip Navigation Links.
Search Product Information / FAQs
    

Skip Navigation LinksLamplight® Farmer's Oil Lantern

Lamplight® Farmer's Oil Lantern

FARMER'S LANTERN USAGE INSTRUCTIONS – Please read carefully

  • Unscrew the cap at the top of the lamp base using a counter-clockwise motion.
  • Raise the chimney by pushing down on the lever located on the right sideof the lamp.
  • Slowly pour Ultra-Pure® oil into the lamp base. Do not fill above the line on sticker.
  • Screw the fill cap back onto the base in a clockwise motion.
  • Let the lamp sit for about 15 minutes after filling to allow the wick to absorb the oil.
  • Raise the chimney to expose the wick by pressing down on the lever located on the right side of the lamp.
  • Turn the adjusting knob to raise or lower the wick so that it is even with the top of the wick guide tube underneath the burner dome. Light the wick and lower the chimney by moving the lever up to the closed position.
  • To extinguish, raise the chimney by lowering the lever on the right side of the lamp, gently blow until the flame is out. Caution – chimney may be hot.
  • Allow the lamp to cool completely before refilling or storing it.

WICK MAINTENANCE:

  • Maintain a low flame height. Failure to restrict flame height could result in severe smoke and soot damage. If soot or smoke appears, slowly lower the wick height until you no longer see any soot or smoke.
  • If the wick becomes charred or burned, extinguish the lamp and allow it to cool completely. Trim off the damage portion and readjust the wick.

PRECAUTIONS:

  • Use only Ultra-Pure® oil in this product. Never use gasoline, alcohol or solvents as a fuel in this or any other oil lamp.
  • Place the lamp on a level surface, away from combustibles and OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
  • Do not touch the chimney while lit as the glass can get hot.  Wait at least 5 minutes after extinguishing before touching.
  • Wipe up any drips or spills immediately using warm soapy water or a citrus-based cleaner. Wash your hands before handling food or other objects. As with all liquid and solid wax candles, an open flame is present; therefore use with extreme care and at your own risk.

DANGER: OIL IS HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. COMBUSTIBLE. Contains petroleum hydrocarbons. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. An open flame is present when in use; use with extreme caution. NEVER LEAVE A LIT FLAME UNATTENDED

 

CALIFORNIA PROP. 65 WARNING: This product and combustion products emitted when this product is burning may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm.

Medical Emergency Contact Information: For accidental ingestion of lamp or torch oil, do not induce vomiting. Please contact a physician immediately or for 24 Hour a Day / 7 Days a week immediate safety and medical advice, please contact PROSAR @ 1-800-308-7141.

You can also contact your local poison control center by calling 1-800-222-1222